Why Study in UK?
The United Kingdom possesses an authority in providing education and a status of dominance in the world of learning. Its research and quality driven institutions are unmatched in a variety of subjects including Engineering, Law, Economics and Business. The knowledge base of UK University Departments, Research Centres and Faculty is of superior quality that must be tapped into by those aspiring to be future leaders.
The United Kingdom has allocated sufficient resources and investment to institute the education powerhouse it is today. With some of the most ancient and prestigious universities in the UK, the education establishment has always attracted the brightest of students presenting a wonderful networking opportunity to work together in a truly global marketplace. The diverse range of courses offered by UK universities has resulted in UK being the 6th highest ranked study destination in the world. Moreover, 4 of the Top 6 Universities in the World are in the UK. Due to these reasons, thousands of students are opting to study abroad in UK.
Education Cost for Studying in UK
If you are thinking of studying in the UK, it is essential that you know about the education costs there. The cost of higher education in the UK is quite high. Take a look at the UK education costs below to get an idea.
Tuition Fee: GBP £
Undergraduate: £11, 400 per annum
Postgraduate: £12, 200 per annum
Doctoral Degree: £13, 000 per annum
Note: These figures vary from one institution to another and one could pay up to double the amount listed above in a leading UK University.
Living Expenses: GBP £
London: £9,180 per annum (minimum)
Rest of UK: £7,380 per annum (minimum)
Admission Process to Study in UK
To be assured of obtaining the best quality advice about the opportunities available for studying in UK, students should register with The Ample Abroad. After registration, students will be carefully guided through a number of key stages, maximising their chances of getting admission in the institutions of their choice. This is how we, at The Ample Abroad, work on the UK admissions process.
You register with The Ample Abroadand be assured of obtaining the best quality advice.
We make an assessment of your academic qualifications, work experience, financial status, career goals as well as life interests and aspirations.
We evaluate the requirement of any standardised tests you may need to take or review results that has been already obtained.
Together, we shortlist potential universities and courses that match your profile.
We edit the essays, Statement of Purpose, Letters of Recommendation and Resume, which have been written by you.
Application Review and Submission
The completed application forms are reviewed before they are submitted to your final choice of universities.
We assist in preparation (including mock sessions) for the interviews that you may have with the chosen universities.
We assist in preparation (including mock sessions) for the interviews that you may have with the High Commissions or Embassies, as well as the collation and review of relevant documentation for submission of the visa application.
We deliver comprehensive information about the country of choice to ensure that you are completely prepared for life at an overseas university.
Student Visa for UK from India
Here is a list of documents required for UK:
Attested copies of X, XII & Graduate Degree (if applicable), Mark Sheets including Backlogs (Re-sits)
Evidence of English Language proficiency e.g. IELTS, TOEFL, etc.
Standardised Tests e.g. GMAT, GRE (where necessary for the programme)
Two academic references
Two references from employers (where applicable)
Passport sized photographs
Statement of Purpose (SOP)
Draft for application fees, if applicable
Portfolio (for Art, Design & Architecture programme)
Other Certificates & Achievements of Extracurricular Activities
Exams for Studying in UK
Students have to pass one or more additional tests before they can be considered by most universities for admission. These range from the standardised graduate and college admission tests such as GRE, GMAT and SAT to English Language tests, such as TOEFL and IELTS.
The Ample Abroadoffers high quality Test Prep programmes throughout India. Through its high-tech, state of the art teaching centres strategically located throughout the country it offers students preparatory training on the full range of admissions tests that universities need. Contact The Ample Abroadtoday for detailed information relating to the tests that may be needed for admission in the United Kingdom.
- University of Surrey, Surrey
- University of Leicester, Leicester
- University of Birmingham, Birmingham
- Heriot Watt University, Edinburg
- University of Glasgow, Glasgow
- Newcastle University, Newcastle upon Tyne
- Queen Mary, University of London, London
- University of Liverpool, Liverpool
- Queen's University Belfast, Belfast
- Coventry University, Coventry
- Oxford Brookes University, Oxford
- INTO City University, London. ( Except Business School and Law School)
- University of Huddersfield, Huddersfield
- University of Chester, Chester
- The University of Northampton, Northampton
- University of Lincoln, Lincoln
- University of Hertfordshire, Public university in Hatfield, England
- University of Stirling, Stirling
- Northumbria University, Newcastle
- University of Plymouth, Devon
- De Montfort University
- Birmingham City University, Birmingham
- University of Essex, Colchester
- University of Sunderland, Sunderland
- Aberystwyth University, Wales
- University of Greenwich, London
- Sheffield Hallam University, Sheffield
- Bangor University, Bangor
- University of South Wales
(formerly known as University of Glamorgan), Pontypridd
- Anglia Ruskin University
- University of West of Scotland
- INTO Gloucestershire, Gloucestershire
- University of West London, London
- Edinburgh Napier University, Edinburgh, Scotlan
- University of Central Lancashire, Preston
- University of Bradford, Bradford
- University of Staffordshire, Stoke-on-Trent
- Glasgow Caledonian University, Glasgow, Scotland
- INTO Manchester Metropolitan University, Manchester
- York St. John University, York
- University of Ulster (Birmingham and London Campus Only)
- University of Westminster, London
- Roehampton University, London
- Middlesex University, London
- Cardiff Metropolitan University, Cardiff
- University of Bedfordshire, Luton
- London South Bank University, London
- London Metropolitan University, Londo
- University of East London, London
- Liverpool Hope University, Liverpoo
- University of Wolverhampton, Wolverhampton
- University College Birmingham, Birmingham.
- BPP University, London
- Leeds Beckett University, Leeds
- Le Cordon Blue, London
- Istituto Marangoni, London
- SINTO University of East Anglia.
- INTO University of Exeter.
- INTO Newcastle University.
- INTO University of Manchester.
- INTO Glasgow Caledonian University.
- Navitas- Brunel University
- Navitas- Robert Gordon University
- Navitas- Swansea University
- Navitas- University of Portsmouth
- Kaplan- Bournemouth University
- Kaplan- University of Sheffield
- Kaplan- Nottingham Trent University
- Kaplan- UWE Bristol
- Kaplan- Cranfield University
- University of Strathclyde, Glasgow, Scotland
- University of Lancaster, England
- University of Leeds, England
- Royal Holloway University
- Keele University, England
- University of Sussex, Brighton and Hove, England
- Liverpool John Moores University, Liverpool, England
- Kingston University, Kingston upon Thames, England
- AYR College, AYR, Scotland.
- West London College, London.
- Greenwich School of Management, Greenwich.